Thursday, June 3, 2010

again?

So Lilybug had Roseola just about three weeks ago.  I'm sure glad I blog because that was the only way I figured out just how recent it was.  Looking back at my blog.  [still haven't started her babybook] 

I never took her to the dr, but a few days of fevers followed by the light red rash fit the bill.  And it's common in babies and young toddlers.

Tuesday evening getting Lily out of the car after work I could tell she was a bit off.  She was wimpering that "I'm in pain" tone.  My mother-in-law told me she had taken an over three-hour nap that afternoon, which was twice as long as she usually sleeps over there.  Pretty quickly it was apparent she had a fever and was a sick puppy.

I know babies get sick a lot.  It's how they build their immune systems.  I don't run to the doctor at the first sign of fever or a cough.  Although Bean often says, "do you think we should take her in?"  And I so NO!  It's a virus.

Bean stayed home with her on Wednesday (whattadad!) and I was home today.  Her fever seemed to drop down to low-grade by last night.  She's been very miserable and cranky though. 

And today, the light red rash again.  Roseola?  It looks exactly the same as three weeks ago.  Is there another virus or disease that appears to be Roseola.  My limited internet searching indicates that it's possible, although not common, to get roseola more than once.

All I know is my baby is still miserable today.  She's been up twice already tonight.  Low-grade fever the last time, so I gave her more ibprofren. 

I guess I'll be calling the doctor's office tomorrow to make sure there's nothing to be worried about.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0