Sunday, March 28, 2010

28:: babywearing Bible Mama (with photos this time!)

On my last Sunday, as a babywearing Bible mama, I got a photo! Which in itself, is pretty miraculous, given the whirlwind that Sundays have been. Are you tired yet of me recounting the craziness of my Sundays? As I was driving home this afternoon, I was thinking about how God certainly has called me to the ministry because he gets me through these crazy days and although I'm exhausted, I'm fulfilled in my ministry and thankful that my kids are experiencing ministry too.

I was out of the door at 7:10am with the older girls. I had a bunch of printing to do for promoting a new ministry. I have more hours of week these days, then I do time in the office, which means for last minute stuff like today. After sending the girls for their Sunday morning donuts, Miss Rose came back and said she had an accident. Just lovely. Thankfully Bean was still home, so he was able to get clean clothes. That's what happens when you're daughter is determined to come early with you--but is still tired and neglects using the bathroom when she first wakes up.

At 8am I had to rush to get my stage makeup done. Grab my costume, then back to meet Bean for Miss Rose's clean clothes and to get the baby and costume her. Once my part in the production was done...quick change into a dress and out to do sign-ups for our new classes. Then, lather, rinse, repeat for the 2nd service.

I wish I had taken a picture of my office after the whirlwind was over. Candy wrappers, sunday school papers, pee-laden clothes, toys strewn about, half-eaten applesauce, empty raisin box, my own papers and clothes, empty water bottles and general craziness.

It's been fun, but I'm looking forward to just focusing on ministry next weekend (although our trilogy has one more part) and Bean said he's ready to not be Mr. Mom and stage dad.

Me & the babe, sporting the Sakura Bloom!   I don't know that the average townperson following Jesus would have had such a lush sling, but I thought it fit with the costume pretty well.  Can you tell Lily missed her morning nap?


Babywearing Bible mama and her modern children!  (Notice how tall Miss Rose is getting?  STOP GROWING!)

There have been about a gazillion people snapping photos the last few weeks.  If I get any good "action" shots, I'll be sure to share them!

Now that my part is over, I'm excited to paint my toenails and wear earrings again!  
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0