Monday, March 29, 2010

29:: style

When you have two babies in two years, you spend the majority of 4 years pregnant, nursing and losing weight.  Function of clothes is more important that style.  And why spend lots of money on clothes that will only fit for a short time.  So you make do.

Now with my baby being 1, I'm pretty much back to my pre-pregnancy self, again.  All of my clothes fit.  But I don't have as many as I've tried to downsize what I didn't find myself wearing much or items that definitely went out of style.

Which hasn't left me with a lot.  So I make do.  I don't intend to complain about my wardrobe, because I do have what I need.  But although I'm not too emotional or high maintenance, I'm still a girl.  And girls like fashion and style.  And girls feel good in new, fashionable clothes.

This girl's clothes don't seem too fashionable anymore.  They are functional and classic, but not too fun and flirty.  I'm ready to be fun and flirty again!  I wish my bank account felt the same way.

I attempted to go shopping tonight.  I do enjoy shopping, but it's not how I like to spend my evening after a day at work.  But sometimes it can't be avoided.  I went to a large clothing store which in my opinion would have a large array of choices at decent prices.

While there were a lot of clothes I liked, I didn't find what I was looking for.  All I wanted was a cute, spring-y skirt with a feminine top or sweater to go with it.  But no.  No skirts to be found.  Lots of tops, but no skirts that fit that description.  Seriously.  Not even ones I didn't like.  They just didn't have any.

Either my sense of style is completely off, or I went to the wrong store.  Which is a bummer because it was a waste of a shopping trip.   I did get a few other items, but not what I really wanted.

Now to figure out where to go, and when. 

This mama wants something new for Easter.  It's cliche, I know.  But when you don't shop much for yourself, you'll take the opportunity.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0