Saturday, March 13, 2010

13:: I almost forgot

I'm getting ready to go to bed.  It's 8:30pm, but with the time change tonight, it's really 9:30pm.  I almost forgot that I needed to write a blog.

I'm tired.  It's been a full, long day.

Miss Rose had a t-ball game at 8:00am.  I was up before 6am with the baby, which is par for the course these days.  Usually on Saturdays we have slow mornings, even though the kids don't sleep in.  Not for the next few months though.  Most of the Saturday games are at 8:00am or 8:30am.

Then I dropped off Miss Rose for a birthday party.  She's getting to the age of "drop-off parties" which are a pretty big deal in her world.  This one was for a cousin, so I didn't have to worry at all.

Then we went to an adoption event for rescued labs.  No we didn't leave with a dog.  But don't be surprised if we have one before long.  Miss Rose thinks when your fish die, you get a dog.  I guess Mama and Daddy think when you decide not to have more children, it's time to get a dog.  (and no, we aren't getting a puppy.  If Bean wanted a puppy, I would have said let's just have a baby.  In fact, I think I may have.  So we aren't getting a puppy.

Then we came home.  I spent 15 minutes cleaning sticky goo off the inside of the dryer.  I have no idea what it was.  Then I sat for a few minutes.

Then I got ready for a bridal shower.  As I was driving, I fogot I was supposed to get a gift on the way.  So I was five minutes away and had to turn around and go to Target.  If I could change one minor habit in my life, it would be waiting until the last minute to get a gift (or a gift card in this case).

Then Bean texted me, "are you coming home yet?  It would be nice."

Did I mention Bean is recovering from his procedure?  He's a terrible patient.  He doesn't feel awful, but he still needs to be careful.  Let's just say, he did way more today than he would have let me, were the roles reversed.  And I will say, I got a small taste of his go-go-go mentality, and I don't know how he does it.  He likes to be on the go.  I like to be home, minding children.

Then I walked to the store wearing Lily.  Baby food was on sale, so I loaded up.  But I didn't have enough money for my purchases.  So I had to choose what to take off the bill.  Feels a bit humiliating, but I know it happens all the time.  "Um, how about the yogurt?  I guess the walnuts too."

Then I made banana bread while Bean grilled chicken.  I'm hoping semi-healthy banana bread doesn't qualify as a sugary treat.  Cause I ate some.

Then we ate dinner.  Next it was bath time for the little girls.  And Lily decided to do a face plant in the bath, which freaked me out. 

Then we got the kids in bed.  And I finished the dishes (which I had to chase Bean away from).  And now I'm unwinding a bit. 

Perhaps you can see why I almost forgot to blog.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0