Friday, March 19, 2010

it was good while it lasted [18]

I intended to blog each day this month.  Several times I've scheduled posts to publish in order to keep up this streak.  One night, Bean asked if I'd blogged, which I had forgotten about, so I did it real quick.

It was good while it lasted, because I had too much going on yesterday and forgot to blog.  I realized it this morning.  Not that it's that big of a deal, but it was fun to keep the streak going. 

Thursdays I'm fried from 4 days of balancing work and home.  I don't usually plan to do much, other than what needs to be done with the family and restoring my sanity.  Yesterday we went to playgroup and then picked up Miss Rose from a half-day at school.  I had a chance to run in the afternoon while my mom sat with Miss Rose and the little girls slept.  We made some sandwiches and headed out to watch an hour of my nephew's baseball game.  Came home and I headed out with Lily to rehearsal for our Easter production.  It was almost 10 by the time I got home and got Lily in bed.

So I'm sure you understand why blogging was not in the forefront of my mind.

I would like to finish out the month, and now that I forgot once, I probably won't forget again.  But if I do, I know it's no big deal. 

Speaking of streaks, I'm doing well with not eating sugar.  But at this point, it's just getting flat-out annoying!  I'm annoyed with Bean eats treats and I can't.  I'm annoyed when I turn down cookies at playgroup or cake at a wedding shower.  I am counting down the days to April 1.  Because jelly beans, cadbury eggs and See's Candy are all calling my name.

I'm going to keep a balance though.  And not eat sugar so mindlessly.  I have noticed a little bit of change in my body.  I'm very close to my goal weight, so the last few pounds don't come off easily.  I've been counting calories this week and doing okay.  I did decide to weigh myself at the beginning of this week, because I was going to be counting calories, and I wanted to see if I was eating too many or the right amount to see a loss. 

I'll be back later today with a blog for today.   This is yesterday's make-up!
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0