Saturday, July 10, 2010

a peace treaty

I've come to a conclusion this week.  It's time to make peace with my body.

I will no longer give mental energy to my body's shape and size.

I will no longer over-critique it, criticize it and obsess over changing it.

The nagging few pounds and muffin top won't run my thoughts or ruin my day.

I won't stress over numbers.  On clothing tags, on the scale, on nutritional panels.

I will stop comparing myself to others, because I always come up lacking.

If I want to enjoy food, I will.  If I want to follow an eating plan, I will.  But I won't beat myself up if I don't stay on it.

I will learn to love myself, the way I am, even if I am slowly working towards permananet changes.

I am who I am.  This is me.  Sure I'd like to see a few changes, but I'd rather them be slow and purposeful and part of a whole way of life, instead of drastic and short term.

I'm an emotional eater and often when it comes to sugar and carbs, somewhat of a binge eater.  Which is why I've been losing and gaining these last five pounds for months now.  I deprive myself, and something puts me over the edge and I over-indulge.

So I'm making a peace treaty with my body. 

I'm just going to live life, in the healthiest, most balanced way that I can. 

And maybe by the end of the year, I will have achieved and maintained my goals.

Now, I'm going to go eat some cake.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0