Tuesday, October 27, 2009

[Im]Perfection



I love this photo.

I love it for the imperfections I see.

Not everyone is looking at the camera or smiling.

I have no make up on.  My hair is in a pony tail with a headband to tame the strays.

It looks like Lily needs a diaper change.

Gracie is missing a pigtail.

Miss Rose is sweaty and flushed.

But this is us.  Me and my girls.

Sure, I love the posed photos and the moments captured where everyone is smiling at the camera.
I try to create those moments the same as any other mom.

But this is how life truly is.  And there is not a single flaw in it.

There is love and togetherness.  These are the memories we'll have forever.

I'm sure I'll be trying to manufacture a moment for our Christmas photos,
and those have their place too.

But this captures us.  These are the moments I'll hold in my heart.
To me, the imperfections are actually perfect  I wouldn't want it any other way.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! I'd love for you to check out my new blog at www.embracethisday.com

Swidget 1.0