Monday, March 21, 2011

put a fork in us and other things running through my head

Put a fork in us, we are done!

This morning, I left the house at 7:30am, as usual, with three kiddos in the car.  But we headed to the dentist for Gracie & Miss Rose to have check-ups.  Thanks to rain, there was traffic and it took me twice as long as normal to get there, but thankfully we were only 5 minutes late.

We were there about an hour...cleanings & check-ups.  Down-time too of course, waiting for this and that, keeping the kids off the dentist chair, keeping them from pushing buttons and grabbing dental tools.  Keeping Lily from banging on the chair while the big girls were in it.  Holding hands and calming nerves, all while keeping a two-year old out of trouble.

Thankfully, the girls had hardly any plaque.  A recently injured tooth of Miss Rose's (her mouth is a magnet for injury) checked out fine.  There does seem to be some damage to her permanent tooth that's coming in after an injured and abscessed tooth was pulled at age 2.  But nothing we can do about it so far.

Drive Miss Rose to school, unload everyone of course to sign her in, head home to meet the babysitter and finally make it to work around 10:30am.

Exhausted doesn't even begin to describe it!  Especially since solid sleep is rarely a part of our nights--thanks to teething, colds, daylight savings time and who knows what else!

To top off the day, Miss Rose had clearly developed a sinus infection that wasn't getting better and Gracie wasn't too far off.  So let's knock it all out in one day!  I came home from work, loaded kids in the van and head them ready the minute Bean got home so he could take them to the doctor.  Affirmative for the sinus infections.

Oh, did I mention we've been passing pink eye around?  Just lovely.  Thankfully the one prescription we got for the first case is lasting through everyone.  And we're catching it early, so only the first case was bad.  Eye drops for young children are just delightful.

Home for dinner...then Bean went out to get their antibiotics.  Which give them diarrhea, so he then went to Costco for Gogurts, which are supposed to help.  Oh, and might as well pick up milk because we go through about a gallon every two days.  And only two of the kids are avid milk drinkers!

Thankfully, Bean and I are a great team lately.  Keeping good attitudes, being patient with the kids, tag-teaming the nightly routines.  That makes all the difference.  Even on the craziest days, the kids are in bed before 8pm, which helps us too.  Now, if only they will sleep through the night!

Put a fork in us, we are done.  (and now I also sound like my dad.  but it fits.)

I've been extra tired lately.  Dragging through the day.  I'm sure it's a combination of things.

Have I mentioned that in 16 days, I'm leaving my family for 10 days?  I'm excited for the opportunity to do missions again, but right now I'm feeling very sad to be leaving them.  Since having children, at least one of them has always accompanied me on mission trips.

I actually started and almost completed a crafty project, and it's turning out cute!  The only reason it's not complete is because I ran out of supplies.  Hopefully I'll get more tomorrow and finish it and share here.  It's like crafting for dummies though.  Which is exactly the kind of crafting I need.



More gifts...

51*pages in my book marked by 4 year old marks, complete with coloring in some o's

52*California poppies starting to bloom along the highways

53*once barren rose bushes starting to bloom

54*superclean house, a glimpse of life beyond oodles of toys

55*Lucky jeans & a cute jacket at the thrift store

56*running 15 miles in one week

57*Dove chocolate

58*toddler who always wants to wear "slippers"

59*being encouraged and determining to be more purposefully encouraging

60*clean sheets

61*the heaviness of heartstrings

62*Lily joining in on my DVD workouts
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0