Sunday, January 16, 2011

running through my head

Much of this past week, I haven't even known what day it is.  Bean got sick at the end of last week and by Sunday, Gracie had the fever/aches/chills/cough and then Monday was Lily's turn.  They were very sick all week and I only was able to go to work for one day.

I'm not sure how moms who don't have understanding, flexible family-friendly jobs do it.  I can take care of the necessary stuff from home and I have wonderful people in our office who support me and my 347 emails I send when I'm home with the kids.

I was barely home the past three days.  I'm really glad that tomorrow is a holiday and we can have a family day.  I'm planning to work on Thursday, because I need the time at work.

Someday, I'd like to have time and energy to have a hobby.  The Energizer Bunny, I am not.  I admire women who put tons of energy into their family and life (and sometimes even a job) and still have time for hobbies.  I know the day will come when the kids require less energy, but it seems far off!

Does laundry ever end?  No, I think not.  If we want to wear clean clothes that is.  I sometimes complain that I have to walk to the garage to do my laundry, but our last house I had to walk downstairs to a dungeon.  So I'm thankful for that.

I have major race-fever right now.  I want to register for several races this year.  But they are PRICEY.  At least for me :)  I have a few in mind that I want to do, but I haven't actually decided yet.  I need a goal, something to drive me, something that excites me.  Staying up a little too late, and my warm bed on a cold morning have made my morning runs almost non-existent.

Gracie seems to have had some behavior-regression as a result of her illness.  Or there is still something wrong.  She has never been so whiney, so needy in her life.  Or at least since she left her infant colicky state.  She is asking to be held so much (and she's a lanky almost 4-yr old) or to sit with her.  She wants to lay on the couch and watch TV or movies.  And the fits she throws when she has to actually do something.  She still has a bad, deep cough--so maybe there is still something going on.  It's quite frustrating.

She's also not eating well.  I can tell she lost a pound or two, which is a lot for her.  She's my beanpole.  Not 40lbs yet. Gracie complains of her legs hurting.  Not sure if it's a ploy to be carried, or she needs to eat more.  But I don't like getting in the --what will you eat mode--I want her to eat what's prepared.

Needless to say, we'll be visiting the doctor early next week if she doesn't snap out of it soon.  Lily has a cough still too, but she's just a little "I'll be 2 in 2 weeks" hellion.  She is SO spunky.  It's funny, and exasperating.  She gets sent to time out quite a bit.  It works for us right now, because she sees her sisters go to time out, so she understands the concept.  She needs a post all her own soon.

I'm hoping, praying, believing for a good, routine week.  My psyche desperately needs it.  My home and family need it.  I'm feeling a bit off, a bit unsettled tonight.  Antsy.  I don't want to just survive, I want to thrive.

And I need to run.  That goes without saying though, huh?
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0