Monday, November 16, 2009

Not Me Monday!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


For some reason, I just don't feel right posting a Not Me Monday! when MckMama is unable to post her own.  So it's been a few weeks.  But I've gotten smart and keep a draft with "not me" items in Blogger.  Or maybe I'm dumb for keeping track of how dumb I sometimes am!

We love baked goods at our house.  But, in order to save our waistlines, we usually enjoy a treat for a night or two and then I attempt to give away whatever is left.  A few weeks ago I made a cake for small group and then brought the rest to a baby shower the next day.

Upon returning home from said shower with my empty cake pan, I did not proceed to scrape the pan clean of all moist crumbs and leftover icing.  Not me.  I have WAY more self-control than that.

[on a sidenote...imagine my surprise when I saw The Pioneer Woman making MY favorite cake recipe on a talk show recently.  Make one for yourself.  I dare you.  See if you scrape the pan too.]

Although I protested becoming a minivan mom, I do not immensely enjoy the automatic sliding doors.  And I would never try to open or close the front doors with the remote.  And I have never walked almost into the house or work,  with one of said doors open, because the remote "didn't" close it.  Nope, not me!

Even though babies are notorious for losing shoes, and one had just come off in the car, I did not put said shoe back on the baby for a trip into Target with her in the Beco.  And I did not notice a missing shoe when we returned to the car.  Which I couldn't go back in to find.  Because I was probably already late to pick up Miss Rose from school.  [but yes, I went back the next day and they had it.  Phew.  I love these shoes.]  Not me.  I am practical and punctual.  Always.

On mommy days* Gracie never talks me into staying in her footie pajamas to drop Miss Rose off.  And if she did, I would never put shoes on over the pj's, in order to walk Miss Rose in.  And if I did, I would certainly never snap a photo of it.  Nope, not me.



*mommy days: days mommy gets to do mommy things with her children.  Let me tell you, heartbreaking when the 2yr old gleefully says "today is a MOMMY DAY" and I have to say no dear, not today.

I also would never allow my child to drink milk that's been sitting out for an hour or two.  I have never found Gracie drinking her morning milk sippie, at say, 10:30am.  Nope, not me.  Bean would definately pull my mom-card if that was the case.  Mr. "Lifetime Food Card Handler" who never allows raw poultry to touch anything in the kitchen and douses his body in 409 when he deems necessary.  I always put unfinished sippies in the fridge and they are never about the house. 

Not Me!!

7 comments:

  1. I was cracking up at the thought of you scraping the cake pan. None of us have EVER done that...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never put shoes on over the footed pjs either! ;)
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Not Me! Thanks for stopping by my blog! If you've got a hugger for a man...you hold him tight! I (seriously) had to teach my hubby how to hug! He's pretty darn good now, but it was touch and go for awhile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sippy, Talon came to me once and had old milk in his mouth waiting to spit it out. Also about the cake pan I say kudos, you can't let that cake go to waste!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post and the pictures :) Happy Not Me Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you notice the Pioneer Lady's cake frosting also has powdered sugar clumps in it? Guess they are inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always do the cake thing too! we are one and the same!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I'd love for you to check out my new blog at www.embracethisday.com

Swidget 1.0