Monday, March 23, 2009

A Bit of a Bust

I will admit that I haven't gotten very good at planning things that involve three children. I don't seem to allot enough time or always think through. I guess I still think I have two children!!

Friday, I had a distastrous few hours. We were in desparate need of diapers and wipes. I decided to make a quick trip to Costco before I picked Miss Rose up from school. By the time I picked up a few snack items, diapers and wipes and made my way to the front, everyone in the city had decided to check out at Costco at 11am on a Friday morning. Every line was at least 4 carts deep and the carts were full. There was no way I was going to make it out of there in time to pick up Miss Rose.

I had already given Gracie a snack bar from a box I was purchasing. So I HAD to pay. LC was screaming and in my arms, Gracie was in the cart--yelling or singing, which are her favorite things to do in stores lately. People were looking at me with such sympathy and a few even offered to let me go ahead of them--bless their hearts! I found a manager who agreed to save my cart so I could return for my purchases.

Rushed to pick up Miss Rose, returned to Costco where I had to nurse LC in the parking lot while the girls watched a DVD in the minvan. (I never really wanted a DVD player in our van, but I do admit there have been several times it's come in very handy, though I do limit it's use.) Made our purchases, and headed to the food court for lunch because it was getting late. I was so fried after all that!!

Today I attempted to get portraits taken of the kids. Miss Rose just turned 5, Gracie turns 2 in a few weeks and I love newborn photos. LC was not cooperating. The big girls did well on their own, but due to LC's crying and the girls losing their attention span--the photos I wanted of the three of them didn't turn out. Nor did the photos of the three girls and I. All my makeup and hair-fixing for nothing!

I settled for a portrait enhancement featuring an individual photo of each girl with a nice border. I guess I'll be going back in a month or two when LC will be more comfortable laying in the various poses.

Did I mention Miss Rose and Gracie running around like crazy hyenas while we tried to get LC's photos done? The photographer suggested I nurse her for a bit to see if she would calm down--meanwhile Gracie was jetting toward the escalator at full speed. For a 2-yr old, she can run pretty fast. The photographer chased her down for me. I'm pretty sure I was providing birth control to all who were observing the circus.

But it's my circus, and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, girlfriend! That does sound crazy. But you made it through and now you have some GREAT sermon illustrations! :) I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on, too. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I'd love for you to check out my new blog at www.embracethisday.com

Swidget 1.0