Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Leaving on a jetplane

I've had so many blogging ideas lately. But they remain swimming around in my head.

I'm sitting at Gate 36, waiting for the first leg of my flight to Romania. I'm leading a team from my church. We will be doing some construction, Children's ministry and dental outreach.

I am very excited to go. I haven't been on a mission trip in 4 years and it's something I really enjoy.

However, I already miss my kids. And my husband. I can't believe I won't see them for 10 days. We have great family and babysitters to watch them while I'm gone. Since I work during the week, a lot of it is already in place. Bean will probably go in late to work most days, which helps too. Bean has a great calendar going and a menu for all the days I'm gone. Yes, he rocks!

The girls know I'm leaving although Miss Rose is the only one who really understands. I left a paper bag for every day with small gifts for them to open each morning.




It's a good lesson for all of us in obedience. If God calls me, they are called too. Which means I go and they stay. Both are important callings.

Gracie turned 4 yesterday! We celebrated with a party on Saturday where she added 6 more stuffed animals to her collection. She was very excited to get a pillow pet as well! Yesterday I took the girls to Sea World in the morning. We crammed in as much mommy time the last few days as possible.

I left the house at 5am this morning. Putting the girls to bed last night and saying goodbye that way was much easier than leaving while they were awake. Their first gift today is donuts for breakfast!

So, I'm leaving on a jetplane. I know it's going to be an experience for all of us!

I won't be around these parts for a few weeks, but when I come back I'll have lots to share.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
blog comments powered by Disqus

Swidget 1.0