Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby Photos

I got to see the baby again yesterday! A local pregnancy care center is training some of their nurses on ultrasounds so they were looking for "models"! Got some good pictures of the baby's big noggin! It's actually measuring right on, but my kids just have very round and prounounced heads in utero.

And to answer your burning question, no I didn't see any bits and pieces!! They spent most of the time on the head and heart, not in the nether regions. Technically they aren't supposed to look for and give gender results, so they were more than happy to comply with my wishes. There was a tiny bit of temptation, but I've waited so long--what's a few more weeks? I have about 11.5 weeks until this baby will be known. When people ask if I'm having a boy or a girl, my new line "it's one or the other!"

After yesterday, I have a new nickname for this little munchkin. "Frankie" (which could stand for Franklin or Francesca). Currently, this baby is a frank breech! Which means the head is at the top of my belly and the butt is resting in my pelvis--but the feet are by the head. Flexible thing!! My children do not like to cooperate when it comes to position. Miss Rose was breech and by the time we knew it, she was too big and wouldn't budge no matter how many baby turning tricks I tried. (We decided a medical version wasn't for us). Gracie was still in a breech position around this time as well and I knew enough to start the tricks and after a few weeks of spending time on all 4's, putting frozen peas on the top of my belly and other odd positions, she did turn to vertex.

Since a c-section is a must for me, I'm not too worried about position this time around. I just like to think that my babies love me so much already they want to be close to the sound of my voice and the beat of my heart. Or they are just stubborn like their mother and father and like to do things to the beat of their own drum.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. How fun to see your babe again! Precious! I still can't believe your waiting but I applaud your diligence. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I'd love for you to check out my new blog at www.embracethisday.com

Swidget 1.0